Project Management (IPMA)
IPMA provides the global competence standards for individuals
working in project, program and portfolio management. Individual competence is
based on, but not limited to knowledge. Competence includes the application of
knowledge, skills and abilities in order to achieve the desired results. The
Individual Competence Baseline (IPMA ICB®) outlines the competences by
describing 29 competence elements, organized in three competence areas (“Eye of
Competence”): Perspective, People and Practice. All competence elements are
detailed with the required knowledge and skills. Key Competence Indicators (KCIs)
provide the definitive indicators for successful project, program and portfolio
management. The IPMA ICB addresses a complete set of competences for all kind
of individuals working in the field of project, program and portfolio
management, independent of their job title. Whether you are a project manager,
a project planner, a purchaser, a PMO, a sponsor, an agile coach, a scrum
master, a squad coach or any other function, you need competences to achieve
success in your specific project environment. Practitioners utilize the IPMA
ICB to acquire competences necessary in their field of responsibility and to
prepare for a certification in the IPMA-4-Level Certification System.
IPMA Level D® is IPMA’s starting level, aimed at starting professionals. Level C® is aimed at people who have 3-5 years of working experience, and is comparable in level to most internationally used certification schemes. Level B® and Level A® are the levels for the very experienced and competent project, program and portfolio managers. When you reach these levels, you have proven to be an all-round, experienced professional, capable of running complex initiatives.
The main benefits you get from the training:
- Developing competence: IPMA supports by providing its global standard for individual competences IPMA ICB includes a wide range of practitioner roles to enable moving beyond knowledge to become competent, and, ultimately achieve better project results;
- Certification of competent individuals: IPMA provides a consistent system for the assessment and recognition of PM competence: This is known as The Four-Level-Certification System (4-L-C) ;
- Certifying competent PM consultants: IPMA certifies the competences of PM consultants, helping organisations to better manage projects, program and portfolios, by providing global recognition of PM consultancy competence;
- While PM training is provided by independent training providers, IPMA registration offers relevant organisations a way to provide visibility in the market by guaranteeing that their courses are aligned with the IPMA competence model and its certification system;
- IPMA recommends literature as an opportunity for developing project, program and portfolio management competences.
Who should attend?
- Practitioners and teams engaged in the field of projects, program and portfolios;
- Top Managers and Senior Executives of private, public and not-for-profit organizations;
- Managers responsible for project management or project management offices (PMO);
- HR professionals engaged in recruitment, competence development and evaluation;
- Educators, trainers, coaches and consultants working in the field of projects, program and portfolios;
- Students and all candidates for certification in the field of projects, program and portfolios.
- Introduction to the ICB4® STANDARD;
- Role of the Project Leader;
- Management of Project Integration;
- Management of the Communications of the People Who are Interested in;
- Management of the Project Structure and Schedule;
- Management of the Project Value;
- Management of the Procurement in the Project;
- Management of the Quality in Project;
- Management of Resources in Project;
- Practical Case;
- Management of the Risks in Project;
- Review of Project Management Process.
- Upon completion of the training, based on their competences the participants can sit at the exam organized by IPMA.
- Course Language: Azerbaijan/English
- Course Duration: 14 hours