İnternational Valuations Standards
The purpose of this training is to carry out the asset valuation process in accordance with international standards based on the principles of trust and public confidence.
Assessments are widely used in financial and other markets, both in the financial statements and in order to support the regulatory mechanism, as well as secured lending and operating activities.
International Standards on Assessment (IVS) are standards for the performance of valuation operations using generally recognized concepts and principles that promote transparency and consistency in appraisal practice. International Standards on Assessment (IVS) also promote best practice approaches for the conduct and competence of professional appraisers.
After successful completion of this course, candidates should be able to:
- Define globally accepted principles and guidelines for assessment;
- Performing appraisal assignments in the evaluation process and be able to append appraisals to the financial statements correctly;
- Identify the key issues and methods to be used to evaluate different types of assets or liabilities.
Who should attend?
- Specialists working in Mortgage Assessment Departments, Risk Departments and credit officers in Banks or Non-Banking Credit Institutions;
- Professionals working in the underwriting department at insurance companies;
- Specialists working as an analyst in investment companies;
- Specialists working in corporate finance;
- People who intend to build a career in assessment.
- Theoretical knowledge about International Standards on Assessment (IVS): Market approach/Income approach/ Cost approach;
- Assessment of fixed assets: Assessment of Buildings/ Evaluation of production equipment/ Assessment of special equipment/ Evaluation of garden farms/ Evaluation of livestock farms/ Assessment of land/ Assessment of intangible assets (eg. licenses)/ Solution of practical cases;
- Business valuation and financial modeling: Business and sector analysis (Business understanding and comprehensive analysis)/Analysis of past financial statements/ Defining the forecasting theories and forecasting of financial statements (Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss Statement, Cash Flow Report)/ Design and evaluation of the DCF model/Alternative assessment methods/ Scenario and stress tests/Solution of practical cases.
- Upon completion of the training, the participants will be awarded with a certificate by Baker Tilly Academy.
- Course Duration: 16 hours
- Course Language: Azerbaijan