Management Accounting (MA)
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is a fast growing global professional accountancy body with over a 100 years of experience and consisting of 425,000 students and members in over 170 countries. Both its reputation and influence are respected worldwide by employers, governments and profession itself.
The ACCA Qualification is one of the most highly respected and valued qualifications available internationally. Gaining such a qualification is evidence that the holder possesses skills and knowledge which are in high demand by employers in industry, banking, auditing, consulting as well as other professions like taxation and law. The ACCA Program is most suitable for those that aspire to become professionals in any sector of business. University graduates of any discipline can join the program. No previous knowledge of accounting or finance is required.
ACCA Management Accounting course aims to develop knowledge and understanding of preparing and processing basic cost and quantitative information to support management in planning and decision-making in a variety of business contexts.
After successful completion of this course, candidates should be able to:
- Explain the nature, source and purpose of management information;
- Explain and analyze data analysis and statistical techniques;
- Explain and apply cost accounting techniques;
- Prepare budgets for planning and control;
- Compare actual costs with standard costs and analyze any variances;
- Explain and apply performance measurements and monitor business performance.
Topics we will cover:
- The nature and purpose of cost and management accounting: Accounting for management; Cost and management accounting versus financial accounting.
- Cost classification, behaviour and purpose: Production and non-production costs; Direct and indirect costs; Fixed and variable costs.
- Business mathematics and computer spreadsheets: Dealing with uncertainty; Statistics for business; Use of computer spreadsheet,
- Cost accounting techniques: Accounting for materials; Accounting for labour; Accounting for overheads; Marginal and absorption costing; Job and batch costing; Process costing; Service / operation costing.
- Budgeting and standard costing: Nature and purpose of budgeting; Functional budgets; Flexible budgets and standard costing; Basic variance analysis under absorption and marginal costing; Reconciliation of budgeted profit to actual profit; Behavioural aspects of budgeting; Performance measurement overview, application, monitoring and performance.
- Capital budgeting and discounted cash flow analysis: Investment appraisal using NPV, IRR, Payback, and ROI.
- At the end of the course students will be able to pass the international exam of Management Accounting organized by ACCA.
- Course Language: English
- Course Duration: 50 hours